If you are looking for some extremely valuable reference architecture AT NO COST – check out what we published today on VMware’s site –
So why is this so special? The vCAT page is a single entity for all of our vCloud designs posted by our Global Cloud Practice. We break this out by the following categories:
- Cloud Automation and Orchestration
- Cloud Operations and Management
- Network and Security
- Storage and Availability
- Digital Workspace
As you can see in the chart below, we have multiple architecture papers in each of these domains.
Some of my favorites:
- Architecting a vCD Solution by Tomas Fojta – LINK
- Architecting a NSX Solution by Michael Haines and Jeffrey Moore – LINK
- VMware vCenter Use Cases and Architectures by Martin Hoskin – LINK
Honestly, all of them are amazing. Moreover, these are publicly available. If you aren’t reading up on them, you are missing out on some valuable information.
A little about the Global Cloud Practice – they are my peer team here in the Cloud Provider Program and we are working together to support our strategic SP’s. I truly enjoy working with them and quite frankly, learning from them.
Definitely review and engage us to discuss your objectives further!