This is a nice little jewel available in the VMware Solution Exchange – ability to monitor vCD objects and provide potential tenant integration for monitoring their org.
To install it – it’s pretty easy:
- Download the PAK file
- Toggle to Administration -> Solutions in vROps
- Hit the + Button on Solution
- Select your PAK file and click Upload
- Accept the EULA
- Let vROps do it’s thing – installing…
- Click Finish once it’s complete.
- Now find the Management Pack for vCloud Director under Solutions. Go ahead and click on the gear icon to configure your connection.
- Add your instance along with the Display Name, org you want to connect to, and credentials. Pretty similar to other connections. Note – ensure Auto Discovery is set to “True” if you want new objects to propagate to vROps!
- Test your connection – if successful, you should start seeing Data Receiving under the Collection Status
- Toggle over to Dashboards -> you will see several new vCD dashboard available from All Metrics, vApp Utilization, Alerts, etc.
- From here, one could provide tenant access to a specific dashboard and/or org from vROps that provides a vCD view.
Yet another great addition for vROps 6.6 – definitely check it out if you are a vCD user!
Installation Guide is here.