So new SBR build has been completed and tested at the range.
Here’s my build specs:
- PSA Stripped Lower (engraved for SBR Form 1)
- Aero Precision Upper
- Aero Precision 10.5″ Barrel
- Magpul SLK stock and grip
- Trijicon MRO with LaRue QD Mount
- Geissele MK8 Rail 9″
- AAC 51T Mount
- Using a AAC 7.62SDN can currently
- Streamlight Rail-Mount HLX
So function was great, even suppressed. Things I noticed however:
- Wow, the rail gets HOT after 20 to 30 rounds. Hot enough I could not hold it. After researching it, it seems these slim-lined rails are known for that. Plus, I wasn’t using gloves on a 95+ degree day.
- I’ll probably install the larger plastic MLOK guards to help with this heat issue.
- This was to be expected, but was getting some gas blowback after heavy sustained fire. I’ll need to install an adjustable gas block to contain this. Moreover, I noticed ejection at 2 o’clock when running suppressed. I want this down slightly to 3 o’clock.
Love SBR’s and after some slight tweaks, this will be my go-to rifle!